Getting more from the GS1 system
There's much more to the GS1 system than just barcodes. At its heart is an interlinked system of rock-solid standards to help you streamline your supply chain. These standards enable you to improve your business processes internally, through greater accuracy, cost efficiencies and readiness to market.
Companies also use the GS1 system and related services to automate and streamline a wide range of external business processes. The services include:
- Training - from the basics of barcoding to masterclasses, learn how to maximise your barcode investment.
- Barcode Check - to ensure your barcodes scan first time, every time.
- Photography - for a single source of quality product images.
- National Product Catalogue - a secure way to share product data in a single, accessible location.
- Locatenet - a fast, accurate way to pinpoint and share location information across your supply chain.
- Recall - helps minimise the impact and cost of product recalls and withdrawals and ensures your recall information is received by everyone who needs to know.
- Content Creation - we create your product-related digital assets for you and distribute to your trading partners.
- Smart Media - to self manage and share product-related digital assets with your trading partners.
- SmartSearch - helps you make more detailed and accurate product information visible across the web and increases relevant search results for customers.
- EDI Certify - a fast, easy way to deploy eCommerce strategies across diverse trading communities.
- Consult - a range of consulting services to improve supply chain systems
- GS1 Check Digit Calculator - make sure your numbers are right with this handy tool.
Amazon has confirmed it checks to ensure that all GTINs (UPCs) loaded into it's system are authentic barcodes from GS1. It makes the following statement in its seller central area.
"We verify the authenticity of product UPCs by checking the GS1 database. UPCs that do not match the information provided by GS1 will be considered invalid. We recommend obtaining your UPCs directly from GS1 (and not from other third parties selling UPC licences) to ensure that the appropriate information is reflected in the GS1 database."