The Transport Certification Process provides solution providers the technical knowledge and experience to implement the Australian Transport Standards for barcoding and/or EDI.
By certifying your solution your company will be able to:
- Demonstrate your compliance with GS1 standards through the use of GS1 Certification Seals
- Associate your solution more closely with GS1 Australia in the transport and logistics marketplace
- Differentiate yourself from other solution providers in the market
- Leverage GS1 marketing opportunities and transport industry events
- Profile your solution within the Freight & Logistics section of the GS1 Australia website
- Participate in industry programs
The Transport Certification Program is conducted by GS1 Australia and offers the following certification options:
- Certified Scan4Transport Labelling Software
- Certified Transport EDI software
To certify your software and/or become a Certified Transport Solution Provider, you will need to:
- Complete a Certified Transport Certification application form
- Produce software templates and / or GS1 XML messages in-line with GS1 Guidelines
- Complete relevant testing and compliance processes (i.e. barcode testing, EDI testing)
- Demonstrate ongoing compliance with GS1 standards
If you have any questions contact the Freight and Logistics Team.
Note: Certification is only available to companies who develop or implement software which meet the requirements of the GS1 system relevant for the Australian Transport industry.