Healthcare User Group Australasia
Working together to improve patient safety.
GS1 works very closely with stakeholders from all areas of the healthcare and formed a Healthcare User Group with the support of industry with the aims to be the recognised, open and neutral source for regulatory agencies, trade organisations and other similar stakeholders.
The GS1 Healthcare User Group Australasia (HUG) is an industry working group that includes representatives from all parts of the Australian and New Zealand Healthcare supply chains and broader industry.
This group’s main focus is the direction for global standards in healthcare for enhanced patient safety, systems & data interoperability, supply chain efficiency, and product traceability.
Who can be involved?
GS1 HUG is open to all members of GS1 Australia and GS1 New Zealand interested in Healthcare, excluding solution providers (who participate by invitation only), GS1 non-members are also welcome by invitation for involvement in events, meetings and communication.
What does the group do?
HUG aims to:
- Support industry in its drive towards improvements in quality, greater efficiency and supply chain improvements using standards
- Educate Australian Healthcare industry participants in applying the GS1 system in Healthcare to support process improvement
- Assist industry in driving implementation of the GS1 system of standards in the Australian Healthcare sector
- Support the local industry in meeting needs local and global industry based on GS1 standards
- Provide Australian input into the work of the global GS1 Healthcare Group
- Addressing and documenting Australia specific Healthcare issues, and bringing these to the attention of the global GS1 Healthcare group for incorporation into this group's work plan
- Work with Trans-Tasman colleagues in New Zealand to ensure consistency where possible
Join the HUG community
If you would like to receive the Healthcare User communications join our community by subscribing here.
If you are interested in learning more about HUG, or being involved, please contact us.