Scan4Transport standards released
Driving digital capability in the transport process
What is Scan4Transport?
Scan4Transport is a global standard for encoding transport data on a Logistics Label. The standard supports companies across the transport process including first mile, sortation and last mile activities and enables them to keep pace with the growing needs of their customers.
Scan4Transport wins 2020 International Supply Chain award
Recognising that supply chains know no boundaries. The ASCL International Supply Chain Award is given to a Company, Association or an Individual that may operate internationally and are able to demonstrate their capability, commitment and achievements to promote and improve the knowledge and acceptance of the importance of the supply chain.
Benefits to industry
By using the standards developed for the transport label, the following is possible:
- Improved first and last mile processes through the capture of essential information relating to the transport task from the barcode on the transport label (e.g. when the freight is handled and scanned before the electronic instructions have been received)
- Enhanced sortation through the capture of granular address information including street from the barcode on the transport label
- Visibility of transport task requirements even if the remote IT systems are unavailable for look-up
- Improved efficiency and interoperability across industry through a standard label across the entire supply chain
- All this leads to smoother processes and greater customer satisfaction
For more information, contact us